Natixis Investment Managers enjoyed the trend towards thematic investment last year, or so Darren Pilbeam, head of retail sales at the firm, indicated. Pilbeam was speaking at a recent Funds Europe roundtable in which we discussed how asset allocations appear to be changing due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Morningstar this week highlighted the popularity of thematic investment, saying thematics were the “big winners” in the ETF market in 2020.
Pilbeam said Natixis IM has started to see increased interest in its thematics funds, “particularly around any strategy or idea that has again been increased by the pandemic”. That may be digitalisation, healthcare or anything related to AI.
He expects this demand to continue.
*The roundtable, part of our ‘Global Industry’ report, also features:
- Pascal Duval, head of retail solutions, Amundi
- Nigel Smith, managing director, UK client group, Ninety One
- Robin Creswell, managing principal, Payden & Rygel
- Julian Ide, head of Emea distribution, Franklin Templeton
- Eugenio Cicconetti , head of global financial client group, Schroders
© 2021 funds europe