Fund platform SharingAlpha has released a list of its most highly rated fund selectors for 2020 - a list that span North America, Europe, South Africa and Israel.
The rankings are based partly on how well the selectors’ assessed the future performance of the funds they chose against the returns of a comparable ETF.
The five top selectors and the funds they scored with are:
- Patricia Ribelles, Orienta Capital, Spain
- Vinicius Kagel, DWPT Deutsche Wetpapiertreuhand, Germany
- Douglas Huber, North American Management Corporation, US
- Tiago Gaspar, Banco Carregosa, Portugal
- Peter Ahl, Grasa Consulting, Sweden
SharingAlpha said its revenue model is not based on charging fund managers to appear on its platform, but by asking fund buyers which fund managers they want to hear from.
Oren Kaplan, the CEO of SharingAlpha, said more fund managers had joined its platform in 2020 owing to the shift towards digital distribution channels. These included Vanguard and Franklin Templeton, as well as smaller boutique managers.
©2021 funds europe