Fund manager Quilter Cheviot’s managed portfolio service has launched two new strategies on adviser platforms.
The new offerings - cautious and defensive portfolios - now join the fund manager's existing strategy options of conservative, income, balanced, growth and global growth.
Previously, the cautious strategy was accessible exclusively through Quilter Cheviot's custody, while defensive is a new strategy accessible either via custody or on the platform, shared the fund manager.
The cautious strategy focuses on fixed interest holdings, with approximately 20% of the portfolio allocated to equities, aligning with Defaqto's risk profile 2. In contrast, the defensive strategy held a higher proportion of equities, around 40%, with the remaining 60% divided between fixed interest and alternative investments, aligning with Defaqto's risk profile 4.
Both strategies came with an annual management charge of 0.25% on the platform along with weighted underlying fund costs of 0.22% for cautious and 0.37% for defensive.
The firm’s managed portfolio services utilise a ‘building blocks’ structure. In this approach, each building block fund offers specific exposure to geographies or asset classes, investing in a combination of direct equities, bonds or external fund holdings. According to the fund manager, this approach is “more agile and lower cost than ones with a traditional funds-based approach”.
Simon Doherty, head of managed portfolio services at Quilter Cheviot, said: “Particularly in this market where fixed income and ‘safer’ assets are looking increasingly attractive and the economic picture is clouded, clients need the widest range of choice possible to help make their investment decisions. With managed portfolios becoming increasingly popular, clients must have options most suited to their needs. The launches help us provide a portfolio at appropriate levels of equity exposure.”
© 2023 funds europe