DWS, the fund management company, has appointed an ESG advisory board of “six highly recognised international sustainability experts”.
Among their tasks, the board will advise the firm’s chief executive.
On the panel are:
- Peter Damgaard-Jensen, who is chairman of the Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change (IIGCC) and is a former chief executive of the Danish Pension Fund PKA.
- Marie Haga, who is vice president of the International Fund for Agricultural Development and a former Norwegian politician.
- Ioannis Ioannou, professor of strategy and entrepreneurship at London Business School and, says DWS, an oft-cited academic in the fields of corporate sustainability, ESG integration and responsible business.
- Lisa P. Jackson (pictured) is vice president of environment, policy and social initiatives at Apple Inc and once the head of the US Environmental Protection Agency appointed by former President Barack Obama.
- Georg Kell, a founding executive director of the UN Global Compact and chairman of Arabesque, the parent company of the two DWS partners Arabesque AI and Arabesque S-Ray, in which DWS holds minority stakes.
- Roelfien Kuijpers, DWS’ global ESG client officer and a board member of the IIGCC.
Asoka Wöhrmann, chief executive of DWS, said: "We want to take a leading role in ESG in the asset management industry and are already making ESG the core of everything we do. It is thrilling to now be able to work with such an internationally renowned group of experts to help advance and further accelerate our ESG strategy. I look forward to being challenged and to receive valuable input from our new ESG advisory board.”
© 2020 funds europe