UK equity income topped the list of bestsellers for the end of the 2015 tax year.
Sales data provided by Fundsnetwork shows that investors looking for yield piled into income generating funds, with the Woodford Equity Fund topping the list.
The demand for income generating assets was further confirmed by sales flows into the property and strategic bond sectors, which were the second and third bestselling sectors respectively in the months leading up to April 6.
“With interest rates continuing to be low, it’s small wonder that advisers and their clients seeking yield are utilising funds within the UK Equity Income, property and strategic bond sectors,” says Jon Everill, head of advisory services at FundsNetwork.
The rest of the top ten most popular funds are (in order):
• Standard Life Investment Global Absolute Returns Strategy
• Invesco Perpetual Global Targeted Returns
• Fundsmith Equity Fund
• Artemis Global Income Fund
• Henderson UK Property Unit Trust
• Lindsell Train UK Equity Fund
• M&G Feeder of Property Portfolio
• Premier Multi-Asset Distribution
• Jupiter European Special Situations
The most popular sectors after UK equity income are (in order):
• Strategic Bond
• Global Equity Income
• UK Money Market
• Targeted Absolute Return
• Mixed Investment 20-60% Shares
• Mixed Investment 40-85% Shares
Fund manager Neil Woodford continued his successful run with the listing of a new investment trust, Patient Capital, on the London Stock Exchange yesterday. The initial public offering raised a record £800 million (€1.1 billion) and was oversubscribed by 10%.
©2015 funds europe