Paris-based independent asset manager La Financière de l’Echiquier has launched a new Ucits-compliant fund, Echiquier QME, in its systematic quant range.
Echiquier QME is managed by Ludovic Berthe and Alexis Grutter, who have 25 years’ combined experience in alternatives’ management, and have managed funds together for 10 years.
Echiquier QME invests in futures on equity indices, government bonds, interest rates and currencies. Unlike its parent strategy, Echiquier QME1 Global, the fund will not invest in commodity futures.
Momentum strategies account for around 70% of the portfolio, and satellite strategies form the remaining 30% of the portfolio allocation. Stocks will be held in both long and short positions.
Launched in 1991, La Financière de l’Echiquier manages assets of around €8 billion.
©2016 funds europe