The Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (Alfi), the trade body for the funds industry in the Grand Duchy, has appointed Corinne Lamesch (front center) as its next board chairperson replacing Denise Voss, following its annual general meeting.
Lamesch, head of legal in Europe for Fidelity International, has been a member of Alfi’s board of directors since 2017. She has over 20 years’ experience in the Luxembourg funds industry.
A regular speaker at industry events, she has also participated in a number of Alfi’s technical committees and working groups.
According to Lamesch, her three main priorities over her two-year appointment as chair are: sustainable finance; the introduction of the EU’s pan-European personal pension product and the alternative investment fund industry.
With regard to the environment, she said that “sustainable finance has never been more important with climate change high on the agenda of policymakers”.
Her predecessor Voss is conducting officer at Franklin Templeton Investments.
The meeting also laid out the industry trade body’s 2020 ambition of enabling “asset managers and investment funds to fulfil their role of serving investors and fostering economic growth”.
Following the meeting’s election, the new board of directors (in alphabetical order) is as follows:
- Beegun, Ravi – KPMG Luxembourg, Société Cooperative
- Beythan, Hermann – Linklaters LLP
- Blair, Craig – Franklin Templeton International Services S.à r.l.
- Eisenhuth, Michèle – Arendt & Medernach S.A.
- Faucher, Julien – Amundi Luxembourg S.A.
- Ferguson, Michael – Ernst & Young S.A.
- Goy, Jean-Marc – Capital International Management Company S.à r.l./Capital Group
- Graeber, Bettina – Pictet & Cie (Europe) S.A.
- Griffiths, Lize – Deloitte Luxembourg
- Hallet, Ludovic – BNP Paribas Asset Management Luxembourg
- Hildebrandt, Holger – Deka International S.A.
- Juchem, Ulrich – DZ PRIVATBANK S.A.
- Juncker, Gast – Elvinger Hoss Prussen S.A.
- Kömen, Rudolf – Credit Suisse Fund Management S.A.
- Kruse, Nils – GAM (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Lamesch, Corinne – Fidelity International/FIL Investment Management (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Libby, Steven – PricewaterhouseCoopers SC
- Löwenbrück, Maria – Union Investment Luxembourg S.A.
- Prym-Gigli, Francesca – UBS Fund Management (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Radcliffe, Geoff – Blackrock (Luxembourg) S.A.
- Ringard, Philippe – JPMorgan Asset Management (Europe) S.à r.l.
- Schots, Barbara – DWS Investment S.A.
- Stampfli, Patrick – Schroder Investment Management (Europe) S.A.
- Suetens, David – State Street Services (Luxembourg) S.A.
©2019 funds europe