The Fund Forum International conference takes place this month. Here is an overview of the event, now in its 22nd year.
The 22nd Annual Fund Forum International will take place at Monte Carlo’s Grimaldi Forum in Monaco from June 25-28, with a summit day at Fairmont Monte Carlo.
The first Fund Forum, which was launched back in July 1990, attracted around 300 delegates. Since then, the main conference has grown from two days in duration to three, with an additional two days dedicated to summits. It is the largest fund management event in the world.
For 2012, delegates include asset managers, distributors, asset servicers, analysts, academics and many other leading industry experts.
This year’s forum will host more than 200 speakers, 1,300-plus delegates over four days, 75 different sessions, social events and structured networking. There will also be some 170 fund selectors.
A special offer allows delegates to access the three summits around the conference – distribution, emerging markets investment, and product innovation – for the price of one.
Themes for this year include “Reality in the Boardroom”, which will cover topics such as:
• Industry leaders on the future of fund management
• Where investment returns meet business strategy
• Fund management consolidation and the latest trends in M&A
• Becoming part of a credible long-term savings product solution: Ucits & DC
These changes are the result of Fund Forum’s own post-event research which ensures that both the format of the conference and the content remain topical and fresh.
Guest speakers include:
• Marvin Zonis, professor emeritus of business administration, the University of Chicago Booth School of Economics
• Joahn Coates, senior research fellow in neuroscience and finance, Judge Business School, Cambridge University
• Pedro Simko, client director Emea, chairman Switzerland and member of the Saatchi & Saatchi Worldwide Executive Board
In addition to the main conference and summit day, there will be ample opportunity to network inside and outside the auditorium with colleagues and find out the key issues affecting the industry today.
The event has grown from an asset manager forum to include senior fund selectors, intermediaries and distributors, giving delegates an invaluable insight into what the key selectors and intermediaries are looking for.
©2012 funds europe